Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patty's Day

I don't know what it is about St. Patrick's Day that I love so much. Maybe its that I have some great Irish friends. Or maybe I just love to celebrate culture. Whatever it is, I love to make a big Irish meal and have fun this time of year. It means that Spring is near, which means summer is coming, which means brighter warmer days. I guess I just want to have something stable and some traditions established in our families since we have to move so much.

On actual St. Patrick's Day, I took Nathan, Enzo ( I watch these brothers for a few more months), Joey, and Emma to the Brookside Nature Center and we followed the trail that the Leprechaun's left behind in the green house, the boys loved to smell the "Yummy Flowers" and they were so happy to be out and running.
Joey was naughty and kept picking the flowers and throwing them in the pond. He did smell them before he threw them and inhaled deeply and romantically :) It was cute.

Since Kevin works until goodness knows when sometimes, we had our Irish dinner on Sunday. The missionaries came over and we had Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Irish Soda Bread, and Apple Cake! Not to toot my own horn but, it was SOOO Good. Even the leftovers were really yummy.


Kevin doesn't like boiled meat, so I had to improvise and steam it in the oven and than cook the veggies on the stove top but with the same meat seasonings. It was tricky but Mom helped me figure it out. I wish we would have been together! He can never be serious when I take a picture of him! UGHH!

Kevin had to work last Saturday but there was a parade at a local shopping center so I decided to take the kids. Well this is what happened! They both slept. I was the only brown person there, so I stood on the side lines and watched and waited until Joey woke up. We than did some crafts by a pond but I forgot to take pictures. Just take my word for it. Anyhow, it was lots of fun. Its fun to have Joey big enough to kind of understand and want to participate. Its just keeping him interested that's the challenge. Boys will be boys!

1 comment:

R&J Peterson Family said...

Hi. I love the pictures. How funny they both slept. I have never had corned beef steamed in the oven. I look forward to trying it.