Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

We only have a couple more months in the DC area so we wanted to make sure we got enough of the Capital Mall as possible. Yesterday was the Cherry Blossom Festival and Parade. We decided to attempt to go to the parade. There was sooo many people there. We got there right at 10 but it was impossible to see anything so we just walked the parade route and enjoyed the people and the music playing. It was really windy and it made me and the kids a little sick but it was a nice time to spend together with my family since Kevin is always working.
This is my childhood friend, Luz. We have been friends since Girls Camp. She lives in Alexandria, VA and was sweet enough to meet us at the Mall and spend a few hours with us. We walked to Chinatown and had a wonderful salad wrap.

This is her little boy, Canaan. Well not so little anymore since he is 8 months but he is so cute. He kept wanting to eat her wrap. I would too if I had to eat Butternut Squash.


This is my very poetic husband. Its very few the pictures that I have of him with an actual smile. He always has to have a silly face or pose. But here he seriously proud to be an American in front of the Capital.




Oh...Joey. We were so paranoid that he was going to fall down to the lake. Thank goodness he didn't. He kept calling it Crocodile Lake and saying, "Crocodile, Are you?"



The Cherry Blossoms are pretty much everywhere, even in our neighborhood, but there are clusters of them in between the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorial. They are so beautiful and smell so yummy.




Growing up in NYC was awesome because we took the Subway everywhere we went. I didn't even learn how to drive until I was 18. So I missed that living in the West Coast. But we love having the Metro close by to us. We take it to the zoo, the Mall, and Kevin takes it to work.

Joey LOVES trains. He loves Thomas and Friends and takes them everywhere he goes. So to take the Metro is a big treat for him because its like Thomas has come alive for him. If you notice he has his trains in his little hands.
It was a good day. We than came back and caught up on Conference and watched the afternoon session. I have been working with Joey and trying to get him to be reverent and we explained to him about Conference and that the Prophet and Apostles were going to speak to us. We told him he can play with his toys quietly but right now we were going to watch Conference. He did so good. We were so impressed. He played quietly for a little bit but later asked me for a blanket and cuddled with me on the couch. I felt such a warm feeling having him be so peaceful. There is more of conference to come but so far I appreciated Elder Hales talk. Many of you know how much I love to shop and a few years ago I would have been upset about a talk like that. Well maybe not upset...but I don't know. Anyhow...after many lessons learned, I appreciated his counsel and hope to learn how to live a more provident life. I also appreciated the talk by the Primary Counselor. It helped find many answers and hope to prayers about raising a reverent toddler. It helped me realize that it can't be done overnight and that maybe I am not the only one with an active toddler but its ok and there is hope and he is still special! I am so glad our Father in Heaven speaks to us in these latter days. TTFN

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love the pictures of Emma- she is adorable and we can't wait to meet her!!! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Miss you!