Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Denial

I have been in denial to update our blog because I didn't want to take down my Christmas wall paper. If you know me, you know how much I love Christmas. But the site was down to do change it so I get a few more days :)!

Well, Mom and Dad Winegar came from Arizona and had Christmas with us. And my family came the next day to have dinner. It was a good, quiet year for us. But it was really nice. It was good because Joey is big enough to open presents and get excited so we looked forward to seeing his reaction. He got a train table from Santa and at first he didn't understand but quickly began to play with it and it was like pulling teeth to get him to open his other presents. Once he realized there was more, he was a pro at ripping the wrapping, even if it didn't belong to him. He got lots of Cars gear since he loves that movie, a Mr. Potatoe head, a race track, and books from friends. Kevin, as always, got video games, shoes, and we both got electric toothbrushes which we love. He got me a red Sunday coat, a Cricut, new sunglasses (RIP Chanel) and the new Harry Potter book. I am so glad J.K. is keeping my dreams alive. Mom and Dad got us a web cam so if anyone has one, call me and tell me how to use it :) Emma got fun clothes and little toys that she can play with when she is older. It was a good day and we were happy to be with family.

The next day my side of the family- Mami, Karina, Jose, Bianca, Sabrina, and Aristy- came bearing gifts as well. We had a feast for lunch and than they had to go because of work. But it was great because my mother was able to take a picture with her 4 grandchildren and that always makes her happy.

While Mom and Dad Winegar were here, we took them to the National Mall and walked and walked the museums and capital buildings. It was a nice day so it wasn't too bad. We also went to Mt. Vernon and saw George Washington's gravesite, plantation, and mansion home. We went to see the lights at the D.C. temple but I must have been taking so many pictures of Emma that my batteries died and we didn't capture that. But we saw Jenny Oaks Baker play her violin and that was a nice treat.

Emma is doing great. She is 7lbs 9oz now and the sweetest thing. I could hold her all day. Some times I do (Shh!). Joey is doing much better with her and tells her she is cute all the time, helps me with diapers and tries to put her pacifier on her when she cries. I love my children.

Other than that, there is not much to tell. I am just trying to loose weight and fit into my clothes again. Kevin is working hard and getting ready to take boards in March. Life is good. We are grateful.
*Emma, Sabrina, Bianca, and Joey


*This is my mother with her daughters and granddaughters- 3 Generations*

*Mom and Dad at the Mall*

*Joey loves his Sister or "Yister"*

*Overlooking the Potomac River at Mt. Vernon*

*She was tired of opening so many presents*

*Dr. Kevin Jay Winegar playing Rockband 2*

*Wizard wanabe muggle*

*"Choo-Choo Chwain"*


3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the update- I love the pictures! Emma looks just like a little Joey! And I can't believe how big your neices are...
Miss you, good luck with work and kids are everything.

Emily

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

It looks like you guys have had a very fun month! I can't wait to meet that little doll baby Emma- she is so cute! We need to hang out soon!

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

I am glad you had a nice Christmas. We have a webcam and they are pretty easy to use once you know how. Emma is sure a cutie.