Friday, December 19, 2008

Emma Noel Winegar

*Our Little Princess*

*Grammy Winegar*
*Papa Winegar*

*Grandma Mora*


*First Family Picture*

*Wow, baby Sister brought Presents*
*We are happy you are here too!*

Words cannot express the new found love we have in our hearts right now. On Tuesday, December 16, we welcomed Emma Noel at 6:01 p.m. She was 6lbs 6oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is the sweetest, absolute sweetest thing in the world. She has the softest skin and mildest manner ever. I guess its a blessing since Joey is full of energy. But we love them both so very much and feel so blessed to parent them.

Many will notice that yes we do now have a Joseph and an Emma- though Joey is Kevin Joseph. Joey was named after Joseph of Egypt because he was Rachel's second son that she was blessed with as Joey is our second son. Emma is named after Emma Smith. She is indeed an Elect Lady and we revere her for her support to the prophet and hope that our Emma will likewise be a great support in the Lord's work.
I went in on Tuesday for a check-up since I was dialetd 5 cent. I was still dialeted to 5 at the dr's office but my blood pressure was elevated so after some discussion, she agreed to just go ahead and break my water. Once I went to L&D I was 7 cent. so I don't know how accurate the first Dr was. I did have an infection that needed to be treated so after that was done, I got my epidural, water broken at 3:45 and had her at 6:01. The epidural was different since Joey was a natural labor. It was nice and calm, but it was hard not to be in control because I couldn't feel anything. But I am glad I got it because I was more relaxed. Recovery has been great and I have no complaints. Other than my anxiety to loose weight :(

My mother joined us from NY that evening and she was quite sad to have missed my labor but she has been a great help and loves how little Emma is.

My in-laws joined us on Wednesday from Arizona and that has been so nice. Its been raining a lot so we have just been hanging out at home but hopefully we can take them sight-seeing soon.

Joey is doing much better today with Emma's arrival. It was difficult because he has been
extremely whinny and emotional. But we powered through his anxiety and now he tells me when Emma is crying and pats her head and kisses her. Maybe its because she bought him a light saber to butter him up.
We want to thank each and everyone of you who supported us, prayed, and showed compassionate service during our pregnancy. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful support group. We are indebted to you for your service and love you all so much for it.

What can I say. Life is great and we feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has entrusted us with one of His precious children.

6 comments:

Rigby's said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. Emma is beautiful and we love her already.
Good luck and lots of love!!!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that everything went well with the delivery! Emma is such a little beauty! Afton had jaundis so she had to be readmitted to the hospital on Thursday. We brought her home today so all is well with us! I love having a little girl! We'll need to chat soon! Congrats again!!!!

The Read Blend said...

She is so adorable.Congratulations!

The Draxler Days said...

Doesn't heaven seem so close with a little arrival. Congrats, what an amazing present for Christmas. I am so glad that everything went well. I think of you often when I run past your house! Hope you feel okay and hey give yourself atleast 9 months to get rid of the weight, it took that long to get right?! Again, congrats!

R&J Peterson Family said...

Wow... she is a doll! Beautiful just like her mother. Of course she is an angel, just look at her carried her for nine months. Congrats... we can't wait to see her!

Erica said...

She is so sweet! Congratultions! I am glad to hear everyone is doing well.