Friday, January 16, 2009

Put the scale away!

So I started working out about 2 weeks ago- don't tell my doc- and though I am slowly but surely losing the weight, I had to put the scale away. I was driving myself CRAZY! I was weighing myself like 3 times a day. That is not healthy. So I told Kevin to put it away and only bring it out on Tuesdays when I weigh in with the Biggest Loser :). But I have a point in putting this post up. I decided that its not the number on the scale that matters. Its how you feel and how your clothes feel. I am so hung up on it because I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe and make them fit my post-pregnancy body. But I have a whole closet of clothes I love so I need to fit into those ASAP. So today I tried on my favorite dress to wear to church on Sunday and it fit, despite the number on the scale. So I realized that though the weight is a sloth, the inches I am losing from working out is helping me fit into my clothes. So though my weight is important because of BMI, the inches are equally as motivating.

I went to Discovery Health.com and signed up for the challenge and am able to track my progress there, my workouts, calories I intake, and best of all- they are giving a 30 day FREE pass to Bally Total Fitness. I went on Tuesday and it was great to be back in a gym- for free best of all. I can do A Lot in 30 days. I have also been doing the Firm workouts- which I love. www.firmdirect.com. They help you sculpt and lose fat without looking too bulky. And when its not 8 degrees- that's right you read that right- I take walks with the kids which helps me to promote health to at least Joey for now :).

So this new year, lets all put away the scale and be confident in the bodies we have been blessed with. But lets remember that they are a blessing and we should still pump iron and fill them with good foods to show our appreciation.

2 comments:

Emily said...

good point Doorly- and don't you worry about a thing, you always loose it quick and look amazing!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

At least your clothes are fitting! The skirt I had on this last Sunday was hiked up about 10 inches past my belly button and was unzipped about 6 inches! It was so ridiculous that I had to laugh! However I did not laugh when I was weighed at the dr's office yesterday- I have a long road ahead of me!