Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving with No Gravy

                                                                 
*At the base of the Washington Monument, these girls were just lounging and Joey decided to go and flirt.  He has no shame*

Let me just tell you that this is my Thanksgiving Post, yet I took no pictures on Thanksgiving day! Don't ask!  We had the absolute honor of having my childhood friend, Gwendolyn, drive all the way from Florida to spend the holidays with us.  I have known here since we were literally in diapers.  She is my longest friend and I love how strong our friendship still is.  I was able to meet her amazing husband, Robin.  He is from Belgium and cracks us up as he gets accustomed to American ways.  She has two little girls, Keylah and Mya, and they played well with Joey.  But Robin was Joey's favorite- even though he totally whacked him with his Wii control while playing tennis.  

So for dinner we had Gwendolyn and her family and one of Kevin's classmates over.  We had Turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn casserole, green bean casserole, rolls,  pumpkin cheesecake- yum-, and a pistachio cake.  Did you notice that I left out the gravy and mashed potatoes?  That's because I totally forgot!  We sat down at the table and I served myself turkey and looked at Kevin and asked for the gravy.  And than he looked at me like I had 3 heads, because I made no gravy or potatoes!  Jeez!  Needless to say, we still had plenty of food and the turkey and cranberry sauce were juicy enough!  Phew!  I blame it on the hormones.

On Saturday we took Gwen on a tour of the National Mall.  We feel like we live there but its awesome.  And guess what?  While we were walking towards the Washington Monument, we saw Marine 1 and its decoys land at the White House.  It was awesome.  We weren't close enough yet to see passengers or anything but it was cool just to see every one stop and stare and point and take pictures.  Once again, I have no pictures of that.  Anyhow, we had a good time for Thanksgiving.  Now we look forward to Christmas, celebrating Emma's birth, and celebrating the Savior's birth          
                                                                    .
*At the DC Temple*

 *Good Friends
*Gwen, Keylah, and Robin in front of the White House*


*Robin, Keylah, Gwen, and Mya*

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that you had a great thanksgiving- and I think it is hilarious that you forgot the potatoes and gravy. The joy of pregnancy minds! Now you can always tell Emma that she made you forget the potatoes.
Only 3 more days to go!!!
Miss you
Emily