Thursday, September 24, 2009

USS Alabama


I should update the blog as soon as we go to these neat places because I quickly forget the great details that we learn. Sorry... This is the USS Alabama. It was an hour drive from where we live so we decided to cross the border and go check it out. It was really neat to be in a battle ship and the submarine. I just can't believe how tight and small those ships are. Definitely a sacrifice from the luxuries of home.





Joey was so scared to climb and go down those narrow steps. After a while he got the hang of it.




The barber shop



Sleeping quarters: Not very spacious. I mean one wrong move or a bad dream and you are on the ground. Too bad for you if you are the third person up.


Kevin, our Silly Sailor.

This is the jail. I never realized or imagined there would be unruly sailors. What was I thinking?

The bars kind of ruin the picture, but this was the bakery. That was one of the biggest kneading machines I had ever seen. It was pretty cool.

Men and their guns.

1 comment:

Vivian Logsdon said...

Hey! It looks like you are having lots of fun! I have been thinking about you! How are you doing? I hope all is well! Please tell me news. Do you know where Kevin has to go next? Are you coming back to Maryland? I hope to talk to you soon!