Monday, June 14, 2010

Using Our Imaginations

The heat in Yuma can really get to you. I was really tired of going outside in the heat and especially of going into town to find something to do. We decided to have a day in where we just painted, and colored, dressed up in old costumes, and used our imaginations.

I got on my favorite preschool website and found this great project. It was great because the children were able to paint and it was a project that took a while so it kept them busy for about an hour. We took a paper bag, stuffed it with paper, painted it blue, shredded construction paper, cut more paper, and walla! We had this fun whale! Here is the link if you want to try it or any other project.











Finished product. Only Joey finished his. Emma lost interest.



After nap, I looked at our library schedule and saw that they were having a balloon guy at 4:00pm. I was so tempted not to go because it was almost dinner time and really wanted to stay in. I am so glad that I didn't! It was awesome! He had the kids completed entertained for a whole hour. He said stories and made balloons to go with them. He chose volunteers and those volunteers were able to keep the balloons. It was completely worth it. I definitely recommend looking into your local library and what they have to offer. You would be surprised at the free, fun stuff that they do.



Joey played the part of the dog in the song/rhyme "There Was An Old Woman."

No comments: