Friday, November 13, 2009

Fly Me to the Moon

The T-34 is the training plane that Kevin is learning how to fly in. He also learned how to fly a TH-57 Helicopter. This picture above is right before his "Cross Country" flight to Oklahoma City. He did three flights out there and three flight back, did some aerobatic loops and barrel rolls, did not throw up, but came very close.
Naval Air Station Whiting Field had a special event and they flew in different aircrafts so that the pilots in training can see the different aircrafts available and speak to different pilots. They opened it up to the public and many were able to see the inside of these amazing planes. The plane above is a Helicopter. It is a CH-53E Super Stallion (correct me if I'm wrong) and it is the largest and heaviest helicopter in the military (and loudest). Joey was very impressed by this one. He picked this one out of the 10 different ones and kept sitting in that seat, but when he went to finish his tour, the pilots promised to save him this seat. And he did!








3 comments:

The Read Blend said...

You guys are having a lot of fun in Florida. I enjoy reading about your trips.

Sean & Lacey said...

Such fun pictures! I bet Joey was in heaven. I love all the fun updates!

Jessica Toronto said...

Hi Doorly

I need your address for Christmas cards and I don't even have a current email for you. Please email me at tomnjess@hotmail.com. I would love to keep in touch.