Monday, November 3, 2008

The Joys of Pregnancy


Emma is very anxious to be born. Well maybe she is not but my body is ready. You all know I have issues carrying to full term. The doctors I have here have been amazing at monitoring me weekly and being on top of things. I do have a cerclage in to keep me pregnant as long as possible but I still am beginning to dialite. Just one centimeter so hopefully I can stay that way for a few more weeks. I am 31 weeks now. 32 weeks will be huge for her lung development, 36 weeks is ideal. I have been admitted to the hospital a couple of times but have been able to be sent home after a change of medication.



*Not so cute but I have to face reality*

This weekend I was so blessed to have a baby shower. The Derwood Ward has been such a great blessing. They have really helped us out a lot while I have been in and out of the hospital and helped us get ready for Emma. My mother, sister, nieces, and the Peterson family came to join us for the shower. We feel so blessed to have so much support and love even from people we just met and being able to be close to our NY family has been great. We got great and useful items. I am so excited to have a girl to play dress up with and have her wear fun shoes and makeup (when she is 50!).


*Karina, Me, Mami*


1 comment:

The Read Blend said...

Doorly cute blog! I hope everything goes well and Emma arrives at the appropriate time. Your pictures on facebook of your pregnancy are beautiful.